Established in 1960 as an English Based company, Timber Construction opened in South Africa in 1972. Both the previous and current Timber Construction CEO’s studied advanced carpentry at The City and Guilds of London for 12 years collectively. It is the highest qualification you can get for carpentry in the United Kingdom.
In the last 50 odd years we have worked in numerous countries and on a large variety of projects, ranging from hotels, government buildings, mines, office blocks, hospitals and domestic housing.
We have extensive knowledge and understanding of timber and composite, from a wooden shower in a health spa, to a viewing deck at a game lodge. This knowledge contributes to the success of our designs.
We will get involved from the conceptualizing stage all the way to standing with our clients, admiring the beautifully completed project. This moment is ensured by our clients following our advice regarding the use of the correct materials for the right environment.
Professional quality comes with a guarantee, that’s why we guarantee all our projects are personally supervised by master craftsmen with international experience, assuring you get quality workmanship every time.
The few pictures on our website only give you a glimpse of the projects we get involved with.
For further information please contact us and we’ll be happy to show our very extensive portfolio.
Why Choose Timber Construction?
Timber Construction stands high above our competitors, and here’s why:
- You will benefit from our experience of over 5 decades in the timber construction industry.
- Clients can trust and rely on our professional opinion on what application is best for each project.
- Our integrity is fundamental to our business and can be validated by the list of satisfied customers.
- We are an owner-managed company and either one of the directors will be on site.
- Timber Construction has the highest carpentry qualifications available from the United Kingdom.
- By using a hands-on approach, you can be assured of the best quality workmanship on every site.
- Timber Construction is a level four B-BBEE contributor.
- We use the skills that we developed while achieving our qualifications needed for intricate work for Timber Construction’s heritage buildings.
- Working closely with engineers ensures that all our structures meet public safety rules & regulations.
At Timber Construction we pride ourselves on our ability to plan and execute the project from start to finish. This includes:
- Planning the project (including the budget)
- Project Management
- Bill of Quantities
- Assist with design
- Making sure that the project is completed within the given time frame.
- Making sure that the budget is not exceeded.
- Communicating with the client and other relevant parties so that everyone is kept informed.
- Risk Management
- Supervising workers