Through advanced technology, Bamboo Decking is now available and comes with a 10-year warranty. Bamboo is an eco-friendly, sustainable and rapidly renewable resource. It is available in natural colours, carbonized colours, different width boards and finishes.
Bamboo is denser than Ipe, has a consistently clear grain and has a high insect & decay resistance.
You can choose to use the ribbed side or the flat side and the design allows for fast installation with fasteners. If left untreated, over time the bamboo decking boards will turn grey, creating a very natural look.
Maintenance of your Bamboo Decking
- Sweep the deck as you would a normal patio.
- If there are any marks on the deck, hose the deck down with a high-pressure hose or hose the deck and sweep with a hard bristle broom.
- If there is a stubborn mark, lightly sand the area with 60 grit sandpaper. There will be a slight colour change for a few days before it blends back.
- Oil the deck at least twice a year, once before the wet season and once after the wet season.
- I would personally advise you to oil the deck three times a year for the first two years and once a year thereafter.