A beautiful addition to any home, wooden flooring is one of the many magnificent products that Timber Construction can offer you. We use the best products available, ensuring that you get the best finish. Your choices are real wood, engineered wood or vinyl flooring.
Timber Construction will partner with you in the design phase, material selection phase and we will work closely with you until the final reveal. You cannot go wrong with over 5 decades of experience in the timber industry. We build to last.
Cleaning and maintaining of a Solid Wooden Floor
- Sweep with a soft bristle broom or with a dry microfiber mop.
- Vacuum the floor as you would a normal floor.
- Clean the floors periodically with a professional wood floor cleaning product.
- If there is a stubborn mark, try polishing it out using any floor polish. There will be a slight colour change for a few days before it blends back.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened cloth.
- Sand and refinish your solid wood floor every few decades.
- Do not use vinyl or tile cleaning products on wood floors.
- Use door mats to help prevent debris from being tracked in and scratching the floor.
- Water and steam can dull the finish and even damage the wood. Do not wet-mop or steam mop a wood floor.
- Felt protectors under the legs of furniture will prevent scuffing and scratching. Replace these often as dirt and debris can become embedded on the pad and act like sandpaper on the flooring surface.
- Sports cleats and high heels in disrepair might damage your floor.
- Do not slide it on wood flooring. It is best to pick up the furniture to move it and to prevent scratches.
- Protect your wood flooring in the kitchen, by placing an area rug at the kitchen sink.